Monday, March 21, 2011

Our place within Your liturgy....

Prayer flags at Swayambu




"After the football game...."


While at the end, the immense crowd flowed laboriously into the narrow streets, I reflected, Lord, that human history, for us a long game, is to you this great liturgy...
A prodigious ceremony initiated at the dawn of time, which will end only when the last celebrant has completed his final rite.


In this world, Lord, we each have our place.
You, the far-sighted coach, have planned it for us.
You want us here, and our brothers need us, as we need them.


It isn't the position I hold that is important, Lord, but the reality and strength of my presence.
What difference whether I am forward or back, as long as I am fully what I should be?


Here, Lord, is my day before me...
Did I sit too much on the sidelines, criticizing the play of others, my hands in my pockets?
Did I cooperate with my team without seeking the limelight?
Did I battle to the end despite set-backs and throw-backs?


I come in now to rest in the pavilion, Lord.
Tomorrow, if you kick off, I'll play a new position.
And so each day...
Grant that this game, played with all my brothers, may be the imposing liturgy that you expect of us,
so that when your last whistle interrupts our lives, we shall be chosen for the championship of Heaven.


-Anonymous


Snapshots.....
Prayer wheels at the Swayambu temple (Buddhism)

Burnt Offerings....

Burning of paper...unsure if the women wrote prayers or sins on these slips of paper before the burning.

deep in thought....

Santhi and Esther, my guides for the Kathmandu Zoo



No comments:

Post a Comment